Upcoming Special Issues
Guest Editors: Huadong Ma (Lead), Shui Yu, Moncef Gabbouj, and Peter Mueller* Emerging Social Internet of Things: Recent Advances and Applications (Submission Deadline: June 15, 2017; CFP)
Guest Editors: Giancarlo Fortino (Lead), Mohammad Mehedi Hassan, Mengchu Zhou, Md Zakirual Alam Bhuiyan, Jianqiang Li, A.M. Goscinski, and Sourav Bhattacharya* Trust, Security and Privacy in Crowdsourcing (Submission Deadline: July 1, 2017; CFP)
Guest Editors: Zheng Yan (Lead), Kai Zeng, Yu Xiao, Thomas Hou, and Pierangela Samarati* Feedback Control for the Internet of Things (Submission Deadline: July 15, 2017; CFP)
Guest Editors: Daniel Quevedo (Lead), Rolf Findeisen, Hideaki Ishii, Karl H. Johansson, Tariq Samad
* Software Defined Networking for Internet of Things (Submission Deadline: August 1, 2017; CFP)
Guest Editors: Xiaofei Wang, Zhengguo Sheng, Huadong Ma, Victor C.M. Leung, Abbas Jamalipour
* Theories and Applications of NB-IoT (Submission Deadline: August 15, 2017; CFP)
Guest Editors: Jiming Chen, Kaoru Ota, Lu Wang, Preetha Thulasiraman, Zhiguo Shi
* Towards Positioning, Navigation, and Location Based Services for IoT (Submission Deadline: September 1, 2017; CFP)
Guest Editors: Yuan Zhuang, Yue Cao, Naser El-Sheimy, and Jun Yang
The list of previous Special Issues can be found here.
The IEEE IoT-J is available in IEEE Xplore. The IEEE IoT-J solicits original work that must not be currently under consideration for publication in other venues. Topics include IoT system architecture, IoT enabling technologies, IoT services and applications, and the social implications of IoT. The fields of interest include, but are not limited to:
- IoT architectures such as things-centric, data-centric, service-centric architecture, CPS and SCADA platforms, future Internet design for IoT, cloud-based IoT, and system security and manageability.
- IoT enabling technologies such as sensors, radio frequency identification, low power and energy harvesting, sensor networks, machine-type communication, resource-constrained networks, real-time systems, IoT data analytics, in situ processing, and embedded software.
- IoT services, applications, standards, and test-beds such as streaming data management and mining platforms, service middleware, open service platform, semantic service management, security and privacy-preserving protocols, design examples of smart services and applications, and IoT application support.